High school students, submit audio, visual or written entries in response to a discussion topic inspired by youth!
Want to learn more about editorial and opinion writing? Work with professionals to build your #360YouthVoiceChallenge response in ThreeSixty’s virtual newsroom.
By the Nov. 15, 2020, deadline, submit a self-created (two minutes or less) audio or video file, a visual piece (photo essay, illustration, painting, etc.) or a 500-word-or-less written piece on one of the following #360YouthVoiceChallenge topic prompts.
Topic: We’re experiencing a charged election season in the midst of profound public health, social and racial equity crises. With that in mind, share your thoughts on one of these specific prompts:
- Self-Care: What methods of self-care help you navigate these traumatic times?
- Community Building: What does healing and/or rebuilding look like as a community?
- Reflection: How has social media helped you endure and/or heal?
- Looking Forward: Describe two or three ways your peers can be involved to create a more just and equal future.
Audio and video can be anything (two minutes or less) that tells a story — a news story with interviews, spoken word, an essay reading, stop-motion video, short film, audio/video letter to someone or your future self. Visual pieces share your response to a prompt through photo essays, illustrations, paintings, etc. Examples of written pieces include an essay, poem, letter to someone or your future self. Be creative!
Please Read These Details: Audio and visual pieces must be two minutes or less, and include a 100-word-or-less description of your project. Written submissions should be 500 words or less. Entries must be uploaded through the form below.
How to Submit Your Entry:
- Name the file you’re going to submit to your first name.last name, so we know it’s your file.
- Click “Upload” below and follow the steps.
- Complete and submit the form below.
Questions? Email ThreeSixty! Pro Tip: Scroll to the bottom of this page to follow ThreeSixty Journalism on social for #360YouthVoiceChallenge updates.
Need some inspiration? Check out some good examples of personal writing from past #360YouthVoiceChallenge writers and other professional publications:
- Photo Essay: Making Noise
- Journal of Being Black in America
- A Letter to My Past Self
- Reflecting on the Latino Perspective
- New York Times opinion video: Why You Should Care About TikTok
- Radio Story by alumna Erianna Jiles: A Minnesotan Weighs In