High school students, submit audio, visual or written entries in response to a discussion topic inspired by youth!
The July 31, 2020 deadline has passed, but stay tuned for new topics and deadlines to submit a self-created (two minutes or less) audio or video file, a visual piece (photo essay, illustration, painting, etc.) or a 500-word-or-less written piece on one of the following #360YouthVoiceChallenge topic prompts.
Topic: Since Memorial Day, the world has witnessed the police murder of George Floyd, plus the local and global protests of Floyd’s killing, police brutality against African Americans and racism. Share your thoughts on one of these specific prompts:
- Self-Care: What methods of self-care help you navigate these traumatic times?
- Storytelling: Share a story surrounding these events that you feel is absent in most media coverage.
- Community Building: Describe two or three ways your peers can be involved to create a more just and equal future.
- Reflection: Write a letter to someone (friend, relative, group, your future self, etc.) describing the recent events’ impact on you.
Audio and video can be anything (two minutes or less) that tells a story — a news story with interviews, spoken word, an essay reading, stop-motion video, short film, audio/video letter to someone or your future self. Visual pieces share your response to a prompt through photo essays, illustrations, paintings, etc. Examples of written pieces include an essay, poem, letter to someone or your future self. Be creative!
Please Read These Details: Audio and visual pieces must be two minutes or less, and include a 100-word-or-less description of your project. Written submissions should be 500 words or less. Entries must be uploaded through the form below.
How to Submit Your Entry:
- Name the file you’re going to submit to your first name.last name, so we know it’s your file.
- Click “Upload” below and follow the steps.
- Complete and submit the form below.
Questions? Email ThreeSixty! Pro Tip: Scroll to the bottom of this page to follow ThreeSixty Journalism on social for #360YouthVoiceChallenge updates.