Are you a ThreeSixty program alumni and want to update us? Send us an email!
Yes, we’re all dealing with the pandemic in our own ways. Can you believe it’s almost been a full year of masks and social distancing? It hasn’t been easy, but our ThreeSixty Journalism students and young alumni have continued to persevere and leave their mark wherever they go. Here’s what some of them have going on:
- Aidan Berg, ThreeSixty alum and student at the University of Southern California, is the Spring Newsdesk Intern at NBC Sports Group.
- Amira Warren-Yearby, 2015 ThreeSixty Scholar, began a new position as a Volunteer Coordinator at Nonviolent Peaceforce.
- Asa Williams, ThreeSixty alumna and first-year student at St. Thomas, shared an audio diary on Minnesota Public Radio News about her experiences of living on campus as an out-of-state first-year student during a pandemic.
- Danielle Wong, 2016 ThreeSixty Scholar, began a new position as a Multi-Media Strategic Communications Fellow at Asian Americans Advancing Justice | AAJC in Washington, D.C.
- Evan Odegard, a junior at Nova Classical Academy, had his Op-Ed written in the ThreeSixty Youth Voice workshop printed in the Star Tribune.
- Erick Castellanos, ThreeSixty alum and junior at the University of St. Thomas, is the Capitol Pathways Intern at the Center for Economic Inclusion.
- Kai Sanchez Avila, 2019 ThreeSixty Scholar, will be interning at the Pioneer Press this summer.
- Katelyn Vue, ThreeSixty alumna and junior at the University of Minnesota, was featured on a national panel localizing the “Land Grab Universities” story, where she shared how she has covered the story as a community reporter at the Minnesota Daily.
- Kelly Ordoñez-Saybe, ThreeSixty alumna and student at the University of St. Thomas, started working as a Dougherty Family College reporter intern, a special position created in partnership with DFC and ThreeSixty on the university’s Marketing, Insights and Communications team.
- Samantha HoangLong, 2017 ThreeSixty Scholar, graduated from the University of St. Thomas in December 2020, earning a B.A. in Communication and Journalism, minoring in Sustainability and the Renaissance Program. In summer 2021, HoangLong will be a digital audience producing intern at the Star Tribune.
- Simone Cazares, ThreeSixty alumna, is joining WUWM Milwaukee’s National Public Radio as an Eric Von Fellow.
- Zekriah Chaudhry, 2018 ThreeSixty Scholar, will intern at the Star Tribune on the general assignment reporting team this summer.